How We Help
Doing the Right Thing, the Right Way
Broader user engagement with minimal disruption
We start with universal design principles, then tailor to meet your challenges.
Tech for All has deep expertise in applying universal design principles to solve complex accessibility challenges, including those presented by kiosks and other self-service systems. Tech for All’s sole mission is to help its clients successfully address the challenges of making their products, services, websites, kiosks, and mobile apps accessible for all, including people with disabilities. We serve diverse industries and support clients in the full range of accessibility needs, from audits to content remediation, coding support, product design consulting, training, and developing accessibility strategies and roadmaps.
Our trained experts detect where automation falls short.
As your accessibility partner, we craft practical and effective solutions for the accessibility challenges you face. Tech for All offers a broad range of accessibility support services including training, planning, evaluation, remediation, implementation, and monitoring. Tech for All’s team has extensive experience reviewing a wide variety of technologies for conformance to standards including: the WCAG (2.0, and 2.1) Level AA, the Revised Section 508 standards, Air Carrier Access Act, 21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act (CVAA), and legal requirements from Canada and the European Union. Because our team consists of people living with disabilities, we’re able to go beyond testing for compliance to identifying and addressing the hidden barriers that sometimes go overlooked.
Solving today, anticipating tomorrow.
Tech for All goes beyond providing recommendations, to teaching your teams to design products that are inclusive from the ground up, so that accessibility isn’t an afterthought. We can also help your organization develop sustainable business practices and accessibility roadmaps that support your overarching business strategies.
Key Areas of Service
Web, Mobile, Desktop and Multiplatform Applications, Kiosk and Self-Service Systems
An exceptional self-service experience is Tech for All’s enduring legacy
A Proven Process
From our years of experience with kiosks and self-service systems, we’ve developed a proven process that begins with gap analysis, assessing existing systems against accessibility standards and best practices. We then proceed to define product and interface enhancements for an accessible self-service system.
Thorough testing begins with evaluations conducted by our designers and non-visual evaluators. We conduct task-based field testing in the environment in which the system is intended to be used. End user field testing reflects “real world” conditions, giving Tech for All more accurate responses than testing in a lab.
Pioneering Independent Interfaces
Tech for All is proud to be one of the key innovators of new technologies making kiosk, smart and self-service technologies more accessible to all, continuing our legacy of being pioneers in this space. We also employ industry standard technology, such as Storm Interface.
Mobile Accessibility Support
Accessibility evaluations of mobile platforms (iOS and Android) via both mobile-friendly websites and apps are conducted on both small screen (iPhone and Android mobile devices), and large screen (iPad and Android tablets). Assistive technology such as wireless Bluetooth keyboard, VoiceOver, and TalkBack screen readers are also part of the evaluation.
User-Focused Accessibility Evaluations
Our evaluation process assures that your application or website will not only meet accessibility standards and best practices but will also provide individuals who are blind, have low vision, have mobility limitations, are deaf and/or hard of hearing, or have cognitive challenges with a high quality and easy to use experience.
Unlike evaluations that simply focus on automated checks, Tech for All’s user-focused approach is multi-pronged, using:
- Various assistive technologies and software tools, including screen readers, screen enlargers, voice control, etc.
- Detailed technical inspection by accessibility and usability experts (including those with disabilities)
We evaluate each part of the application, including product or website architecture, design and development approach, to identify areas of concern that may not be in compliance with relevant accessibility standards and guidelines. Detailed and reasonable remediation recommendations, including coding and programming solutions, are provided. Tech for All validates or creates an Accessibility Conformance Report from a Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) for the website or application after completing the testing. In addition, TFA can provide an Accessibility Attestation Letter reflecting the evaluation findings based on the scope of the project and its impact on users.
Content and Multimedia Accessibility Services
Tech for All provides an array of Content and Multimedia Accessibility Services including:
- Evaluating and remediating the accessibility of content in various formats (EPUB, PowerPoint, HTML, PDF, etc.)
- Analyzing and creating meaningful alt-image descriptions for blind and visually impaired users. Tech for All consultants are highly experienced in creating image descriptions for complex STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) elements.
- Editing and authoring of video scripts and content materials to ensure they meet the intended communication or learning outcomes while being accessible for all, including those with different cognitive processing styles or disabilities.
We train your team to proactively address accessibility issues as part of their everyday work habits and responsibilities. Training is customized to fit the specific needs of each client and is delivered by individuals familiar with the client’s products. Role-Based Training is customized to Web Designers, Web Developers, UX, UI Designers, Content Creators, Quality Control teams, and IT Managers.
Customized Delivery Methods
Select any of the below methods or mix and match. Tech for All can also develop customized training methods based on specific client requirements.
- Client collaboration sessions – regularly scheduled sessions to solve real-time difficulties experienced by the client teams through remediation recommendations or design alternatives
- One-on-one virtual sessions
- In-person group sessions
- Group webinars
Training Topic Examples
- Accessibility Standards, Strategies, and Evaluation Process Techniques
- Targeted evaluations techniques for Web Page Structure, Menu structure, ARIA, CSS and various coding solutions (using real examples of client
- Web Application Development Life Cycle: Techniques to incorporate accessibility compliance into the design, development, and testing cycle (using real examples from client applications)
- Document and Content Accessibility: Power Point, Word, PDF, ePub, InDesign, Interactive elements, etc.
- Policy Development, Strategic Planning, Guidelines, and Best Practices
- Universal Design-building Disability and Inclusivity Awareness
Planning & Strategy
Build Sustainable Business Practices
Large corporations, small businesses, non-profits, educational institutions, and government agencies have all relied on Tech for All as the authority on compliance related legal cases, as well as best practices and compliance guidelines.
In addition to identifying areas of potential business process accessibility gaps, Tech for All can help your company build sustainable business processes to meet strategic goals through the development of:
- An Accessibility Policy which outlines the shared institutional responsibility
- Customized accessibility compliance recommendations for business processes and strategic planning
- An Accessibility Statement and Roadmap for conformance of products & services
- Defined roles and responsibilities in positions that are necessary to support accessibility compliance
- Institutional, role-based professional development plan for employees
- Monitoring processes for software and web design and development life cycles
- Mechanisms for users to report problems while using an institution’s information communication technology product or services and obtain necessary accessibility related information and assistance
- Policies and procedures for accessibility conformance of 3rd party products and services
- Priorities for efforts to meet accessibility policies, best practices and guidelines
Legal & Risk Assessment
When testimony from respected and published authorities with an excellent reputation in the industry and disability community is needed, you can rely on Tech for All’s experienced team members.
Neutral Party Evaluations
As a respected authority in the field, Tech for All is recognized as a third party accessibility expert, qualified to guide and evaluate organizations as they seek to address / remediate technology issues that have been identified as part of litigation events.
Tech for All’s experience includes helping organizations navigate responses and remediation related to demand letters, identifying solutions that avoid costly legal proceedings.
Seeking compliance? You’re in good company
Let’s Get Started
Need Information? We’re Here To Help You.
You’re in good hands
When you need
The knowledge leader in accessibility
A team with a high level of technical expertise in accessibility
A team with a complete understanding of how people with disabilities can and should interact with your product or service
then TFA is the team you’re looking for.