Senior Legal Advisor
Eve Hill is Tech for All’s Senior Legal Advisor. In this role, she provides assessments, recommendations, model policies and procedures, and training on a variety of topics related to disability rights and civil rights.
Eve Hill has decades of experience helping businesses, government agencies, employers, and nonprofits understand and implement disability rights law, as a federal government official, as the Director of District of Columbia Office of Disability Rights, at the Burton Blatt Institute, and in academia and private practice. She also has experience helping entities go beyond compliance to include disability as part of their diversity, equity and inclusion efforts. Eve’s experience regarding technology accessibility includes:
- Assessing entities’ policies and processes regarding digital technology accessibility for external customers and for employees;
- Assisting large and small companies and universities to build processes and policies to ensure their websites and other digital technologies become accessible and remain accessible over time;
- Offering training on disability implicit bias, disability rights law, and U.S. and international digital accessibility law;
- Advising companies and nonprofits on accessibility policies, employment policies, event policies, procurement policies, and diversity policies;
- Educating businesses, educational institutions, and state government agencies on the impact of changes and proposed changes to federal and international disability laws and regulations, including the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Accessible Canada Act and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act; and
- Advising the federal government about policies and practices to improve accessibility of digital technologies.
Eve’s impatience with unfairness has led her to fight for environmental, animal, and civil rights since childhood. She found her calling almost 30 years ago when she joined the disability civil rights movement.
Eve holds a B.A, magna cum laude, in English from Sweet Briar College and earned her law degree cum laude from Cornell Law School.
Seeking compliance? You’re in good company
Let’s Get Started
Need Information? We’re Here To Help You.
You’re in good hands
When you need
The knowledge leader in accessibility
A team with a high level of technical expertise in accessibility
A team with a complete understanding of how people with disabilities can and should interact with your product or service
then TFA is the team you’re looking for.